EPFO Update: Date for linking UAN with Aadhaar extended till December 31 – Here’s a step-by-step guide
Here’s a big relief for Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) subscribers as the deadline for linking UAN with the Aadhaar for North-East establishments and certain categories of establishments has been extended till December 31, 2021. The EPFO took to Twitter to announce this news.
Earlier the deadline for linking the UAN with Aadhaar was September 1. When the UAN number is provided by the employer then the details of every PF account of the account holder remain in one place and also contains the bank details of the employee. This helps look and process more information at once.
There are four ways in which the UAN can be linked to the Aadhaar. First through member service portal, second through UMANG app, third through OTP verification on EPFO’s e-KYC portal and fourth through biometric credentials on EPFO’s e-KYC portal.
Here is the step-by-step process:
– Visit the EPFO Member e-SEWA portal at https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/
– Login by using UAn number and password
– Search for the ‘Manage’ tab and click on KYC – It will direct you to a new page
– Go to ‘Add KYC’ and enter your Aadhaar number and PAN number (PAN)
– Here you will see your details in the Pending KYC tab.
– From here EPFO will approve the linking, after which your Aadhaar information will come in the Approved KYC tab and thus your Aadhaar will be linked to EPF.